Executive Chairman and founder of Stiki in 1992.
Founder of Stiki Ltd. in UK in 2006.
- IRCA Certified Lead Auditor of ISO/IEC 27001:2005 Information Security Management Systems as certified by the BSI 2007.
- Certified Lead Auditor of ISO/IEC 27002:2005 Information Security Management Systems as certified by the BSI 2001.
- Diploma in Operations Management from the University of Iceland 1991.
- Dipl.-Ing. / M.Sc. in Electrical Engineering from the Technical University of Darmstadt in Germany 1987.
- Diploma (B.Sc.) in Electrical Engineering from the University in Iceland 1983.
Senior consultant in various IT projects for the Icelandic government, health sector and private sector. Responsible for business development within Stiki.
Supervisor for the Icelandic Data Protection Authorities in various projects involving secure processing of personal data.
Experienced Information systems analyst and designer with focus on information security, integrity, availability, confidentiality and traceability within information systems and application of international standards. Co-designer and users’ mentor of Risk Management Studio® in implementation projects of information security in various companies.
Lecturer and presenter in international venues on issues of operational risk, IT risk, IT security and quality of information processing.
Business consultant and teacher in the use of a number of ISO standards and integration of standards in management systems.
Author of specialist reports for Icelandic Data Protection Authorities about secure processing of personal data in medical research projects.
- The Icelandic Association of Women Entrepreneurs awarded Stiki the FKA Award 2010 for employing women in senior management postions. Award received by Stiki's CEO.
- Female Entrepreneurship Ambassador, October 2009 in Stockholm in Sweden, received from the Swedish crown princess Victoria.
- Gold Insignia of the Icelandic Association of Chartered Engineers, February 2009 in Reykjavik, Iceland.
- ITM Worldwide Award 2007, October 2007 in INSEAD Fontainbleau in France.
- Best Intl. Market Plan Award from the Icelandic Trade Council, May 2005 in Reykjavik, Iceland.
- Board member of Hagar hf. since 2010.
- Board member of Landsnet since 2009, a public company that owns and runs the electrical transmission system in Iceland, as well as handling its power system operation.
- Board member of the Seed Company Association in Iceland since 2004, an organisation within the Federation of Icelandic Industries. Chairman of the Seed Company Association since 2009.
- Board member of the Icelandic Data Protection Authority 2004-2008.
- On the professional committee of Rannis 2004, Council for Science and Technology Policy.
- On the Iceland Standard's professional committee on information technology 2002-2004.
- Board member of The Icelandic Society for Information Processing (Skýrslutæknifélag Íslands), also called the Icelandic Computer Society 2001-2008. President of ISIP 2004-2008.
- Board member of the Association of Chartered Engineers in Iceland 1992-1994.
- Board member of Stiki ehf. since 1992.